personal information we collect
when you visit, or make a purchase through, our site www.danielost.me (the “site”), we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, ip address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. additionally, as you browse the site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the site, and information about how you interact with the site. we refer to this automatically - collected information as (“device information”).
we collect device information using the following technologies:
1. “cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. for more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
2. “log files” track actions occurring on the site, and collect data including your ip address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps. “web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the site.
additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the site, we collect certain information from you, including your contact details, mobile number, requested items, delivery address, email address, phone number and payment information. we refer to this information as (“order information”).
how do we use your personal information?
we use the order information that we collect to fulfill your orders placed through the site (including processing your payment information with our affiliates, address to deliver items, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). additionally, we use this order information to:
- communicate with you;
- screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
we use the device information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your ip address), and more generally to improve and optimize our site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
the legal basis for our use of your information
the legal basis for our use of information about you is one of the following:
- compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- the performance of a contract to which you are a party;
- a legitimate business interest that is not overridden by interests you have to protect the information;
- where none of the above applies, or where law requires it, your consent (which we will ask for before we process the information).
sharing your personal information
we may, to the extent permitted by applicable law, share your personal information with third parties to help us use your personal information, as described above. we also use google analytics to help us understand how our customers use the site--you can read more about how google uses your personal information here:
https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. you can also opt-out of google analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
finally, we may also share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights and our affiliate’s rights.
as described above, we may use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. for more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the network advertising initiative’s (“nai”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the digital advertising alliance’s opt-out portal at: https://www.danielost.me/optout.
we may use the email address to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. it may also be used to respond to your inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. if you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or order service information, etc. if at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
do not track
please note that we do not alter our site’s data collection and use practices when we see a do not track signal from your browser.
the rights and options you have on your information
your rights on your personal information shall be subject to the laws applicable in the hashemite kingdom of Jordan. you have the following rights in respect of information about you that we hold:
- request us to give you access to it;
- request us to rectify it, or update it;
- withdraw your consent to our using it;
- opt-out from our using it for direct marketing; and
if you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
when you place an order through the site we will retain information about you for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected. after that, we will delete it. the period of retention will vary depending on the purposes for which the information was collected. note that in some circumstances, you have the right to request us to delete the information. also, we are sometimes legally obliged to retain the information, for example, for tax or accounting purposes.
for more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
islamic college street, intercontinental hotel - shopping arcade
daniel ost shop